GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN & CHAI PIE
(recipe courtesy of Karine Moulin)
Gluten Free Crust
3 cups gluten free bread flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp raw organic honey
3 pinches salt
4 large organic eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup melted butter
Pumpkin & Chai Filling
2 organic eggs, beaten
16 oz. pureed pumpkin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup raw organic honey
1 1/2 cups 35% cream
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground gloves
1 tbsp chai tea spice, ground
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Yields: 1 deep dish pie (6-8 servings) OR 2 regular pies (12-16 servings)
1. Combine all crust ingredients together by hand until combined, roll into a ball and refrigerate until firm.
2. When the crust is ready, roll out and fit into pie pan. Crimp edges and set aside in the refrigerator until chilled.
3. Combine all filling ingredients together until just blended. Pour batter into pie crust.
4. Bake at 360'F/182'C for 10 minutes. Remove and line edges of crust with foil.
5. Return to oven and reduce heat to 325'F/163'C and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Place in refrigerator to cool.
Serving suggestions: top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon sugar / top with icing sugar and brulee, finish with freshly whipped cream.