When a new restaurant hits the Edmonton food scene it's usually somewhere in a popular neighborhood, be it along Whyte Avenue, 124 Street, or the Downtown core. But one of Edmonton's newest eateries finds itself in an unexpected area just outside downtown in Norwood.
Otto - 11405 95 Street - Edmonton AB
- American Andouille - medium spiced & seasoned in a Southern American style
- Chorizo Verde - an interpretation of the regional Mexican specialty with tomatillos, smoked peppers, and fresh cilantro
- Italian Fennel - medium spiced with toasted fennel seeds, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Calabrese chili flakes
- Merguez (choice of Lamb or Beef) - North African inspired sausage made with FUGE's Harissa paste
- OTTO Dog - exclusive to OTTO - Sylvan Star mild smoked gouda bratwurst with caraway seeds and fresh garlic
- Cornbread Boudin - the special of the night - braised chicken with cornbread, blueberries, apricot and fennel
Side note - Steve Furgiuele of Fuge Fine Meats is currently running an Alberta BoostR in hopes to open Edmonton's first salumiera. Click through to see how you can help this awesome local business!